If you observe any of the signs below, DO NOT WAIT and DO NOT FALL ASLEEP. Call 911 and seek immediate treatment.
Heart disease is the #1 killer of both men and women in the U.S. Recognizing the warning signs of a heart attack and seeking immediate treatment could save your life.
Know the Warning Signs:
- Chest discomfort
- Pain spreading to the shoulders, neck or arm
- Shortness of breath
- Indigestion or gas-like pain
- Unexplainable weakness or fatigue
- Sense of impending doom
- Discomfort or pain between the shoulder blades
Warning Signs of a Stroke:
- Sudden numbness or weakness of face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
Other dangers include:
- Double vision
- Nausea or vomiting
Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital, Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital and Saint Thomas West Hospital are JCAHO Accredited Stroke facilities, specially trained in the fastest, most effective stroke treatments.